Bookish Naughty or Nice List Tag
I’m excited to do this bookish themed Naughty-or-Nice tag created by Jenniely and I was tagged by Lola Andrews! This is the first time I’ve ever been tagged in anything of the kind— so this is pretty cool!
Here are the rules for this tag:
Tag & link the person who tagged you
Tag and link me/this post (if you would be so kind, I love reading your answers!)
Mark off the ones on this list you’ve done.
Tag more people!
1. Received and ARC (Advance Reader Copy) and not reviewed it X
I’ve never received an ARC in general. However, I guarantee that when I do receive them I will be reviewing every single one, because as a smaller author I definitely understand the need for reviews!
2. Have less than 60% rating on Netgalley
I don’t know what a Netgalley is! So we are going to pretend 100% ?
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (but never did one.) X
I’ve never done a full review on my blog before. I’ve only ever done the normal blurb and star rating on Goodreads.
4. Folded down the page of a book
No. That is. Not. My thing. I’d rather pretend I’m going to remember my page number than fold the paper. (Although right now I’m using the beautiful golden leaf bookmark which Cassy got me.)
5. Accidentally spilled on a book X
Absolutely. I have one book (Best-Loved Folktales of the World) which has a green stain from medicine.
6. DNF (did not finish) a book this year
Yes! I used to take it as a mark of… I don’t know… Mental fortitude? That I would finish a book no matter what. Now I just don’t have the time to waste. I do my best, and I’ll even skip around to see if it “gets good,” but sometimes you just don’t click with a book!
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
Nope. A book can be as pretty as can be, but if I don’t think it looks interesting then it has no place in my library. (Just in my pinterest board.)
8. Read while you’re supposed to be doing something else
9. Skim read a book
Yes, if I’m not clicking with a book then skimming is my last ditch effort to find a connection.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal
I don’t set them. Maybe I will in the future, because I know achieving monthly goals can be really satisfying, but I never want to be let down by “only” reading x number of books.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it X
Nope. I will however sometimes buy a copy of a book before I return it, if I really like it. (cough Howl’s Moving Castle cough)
12. Broke a book buying ban X
Yep yep yep. This year I went into a bookstore (Book Nook, in Monroe) to sign some copies of my book and they have a used selection… and… how? was I? supposed to? resist?
13. Started a review, left it for ages, then forgot what the book was about X
I review right after I read a book, when it’s fresh and the ending has me excited (or disappointed.)
14. Wrote in a book you were reading
Nope. I know it’s not inherently bad. I just… can’t.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
I’m trying to be diligent about it, especially since I know first-hand how helpful reviews can be. I’ve even gone back to reading I’ve done when I was younger and tried to recall as many of those as possible.
Verdict: I’m not sure how to rate myself, since a good handful of these don’t apply. We’ll call me nice. :D
I’ve tagged some people on Twitter, and if you’re reading this I’ll invite you to do the same!